Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Suddenly in the Burbs goes Foodie!

If you've been reading my blurbs about my trials & tribulations in the 'burbs, you might've sensed that finding, eating, and sharing food has been a passion of mine since I were a little girl.

One of my maternal grandma's favorite stories to tell (and retell) has been about me running up our marble steps while sniffing the air for the most exquisite meatballs she always made... I would (and still do!) light up in joy smelling the soft parsley mixed in with pungent cumin, fragrant onions, in 100% beef (and- no, thank you, all of you out there: I don't like to mix my meat groups)... She'd complement the dish with a side of rice pilaf and homemade french fries. And we would not even care about the double-carbs... All this wonderful meal would end with a chocolate pudding with coconut flakes for me, and a semi-sweet Turkish coffee for her. Typing these line in the midst of humid air of Westchester county, I can still smell the mix of these dishes- a talent that helped survive college cafeteria food.

I participate in a Writer's Workshop regularly- and my writing friends have urged me to continue writing about food. I have been. So, now my readers, you will find some more about food & some of my favoriate recipes here!

Cheers!

No comments: