Monday, January 5, 2009

Orgasm. In Multiple. Thank you, Secret Santa.

Back to the daily grind finally.

Finally? Yeah, I think I missed my "working-self." I was surprised to find myself looking forward to the dreaded early morning, the mid-day lunch break, and the anticipated end of the workday. I definitely LOVE what I do for living, although as with anything you love, my work does have its challenges. Maybe it's the challenges that I crave for? I don't know.

Now, here's what I know for sure. I am a girl who takes pleasure in simple things. I love minimizing complications. Maximizing pleasures. Multitasking is a key vocabulary word for me.

Enter simplifying, uncomplicated, multitasking products. Ah- now, you got me!

I'd like to introduce you to my new addition to my morning-routine: NARS Multiple in Orgasm. I think I first met this stick either in a Space.NK or Sephora catalogue. It's a miracle tube wrapped in a chic little black tube (looks suspiciously like a pocket rocket- not that there's anything wrong with that- just an observation). Acts as a subtle gloss-on blush, eye shadow, and with a little help of some lip balm, a lip gloss. I absolutely love it. And I have my Secret Santa to thank for it.

Apparently, there's a whole story behind the "Multiple"- which makes it a little more charming:

" In 1996 Harper's Bazaar did a story featuring six of the top makeup artists of the time. The direction for each was to pick their favorite model, pick their favorite look and the magazine would credit every product used.

Carolyn Murphy was the choice of François Nars. François was inspired to showcase beautiful, translucent looking skin - a departure from the heavily matted skin in fashion at the time. François choose to use a single lipstick on eyes, cheeks and lips to add a touch of color and a healthy glow. Nothing else was added.
NARS was credited with exactly the one product. The caption read: “NARS Brown Out - Tangier Lipstick on eyes, face and lips”

Soon customers started buying lipstick for eyes, face and lips to re-create the beautiful skin they'd seen in Harper's Bazaar, but we all know that lipstick is not the best for face and eyes. This led François to create a universal texture - The Multiple was born. A revolutionary stick for the entire face in a cream-to-powder formula that was oil-free.

The single image which transformed an industry."

From NARS website: http://www.narscosmetics.com/the_multiple.htm


Sweet.

Seems like the whole beauty industry is on the "multitasker" bandwagon. The New York Times reviewed several, what they called "Beauty Care’s Swiss Army Knives," products that save money, time and energy, just this past Sunday. Even the ever-so-high-and-mighty Vogue spent some web bytes on Winter 2008 beauty bargains, under "splurge OR SAVE." Recommended reads if you're thinking of replacing your old products with new, more pocket-efficient ones.

Simplify. Now there's a new year's resolution I can keep...

No comments: